Committee Meeting held on Monday 4th July 2016

Apologies Tim Curtis, Colin Barron. 
PresentChris Glossop, Adrian Stringer, Mike Wyatt, Chris Evans, Peter Colley, John Lingwood, Alan Young, Marissa Ullmer, Karl Barstard, Jayne Fear, Howard Kellock.
Items not on the Agenda  
Matters Arising
Bircham were the best bidder to replace the electricity board.  JL and TC will arrange a time to discuss the matter with MA.
VT and TC will sort out the shower in the Refs’ room in the next few weeks.
TC is working with LM on the memorial board.
Information ItemsIt was announced that John Ross, of Holt RFC, died on 14th June.  AGS represented Fakenham RUFC at the funeral in Walsingham on 25th June. PC will write to Holt RFC’s President Paul Williams.
GENERAL
1. HUNDRED CLUB DRAW (CB)
CB absent.
2. SOCIAL EVENTS
The Touch Rugby and BBQ event will go ahead on Sunday 17th July starting at around 11.30am for the Minis.  AY has asked 4 captains to get teams together for the event and he has asked Rachel Wade to bring two teams from Kings Lynn.
AY suggested holding a ‘back to Fakenham day’ at which a walking Rugby tournament and a lunch could be held prior to a senior game.  Ex players and ex committee members would be invited.  Norwich RFC and West Norfolk RFC have held similar events.
Craig White has booked the clubhouse for a private party on Saturday 23rd July.     
3. 2016 – 2017 BUDGET
AY stated that Mike Curry wanted to remind the Treasurer that his first payment for coaching is in July.  His contract is from July 1st – May 1st.  AY also said that he will need approximately £450 for replacement balls.
4. CURRENT VACANCIES
CE will forward any emails concerning Norfolk RU meetings to PC who is acting Norfolk Rep.  AY has been added to the RFU GMS as Volunteer Coordinator until we can find someone to do the job on a permanent basis. 
5. SAFEGUARDING
AY and KB need to carry out a Safeguarding Audit.  They will have to liaise with Rosie Noon who is the only person in the club currently permitted to access the DBS online.  
6. JUNE FOOTFALL
AY has the June figures.
OFFICERS’ REPORTS
7. COMMERCIAL DEVELOPMENT (FUNDRAISING)
JSp absent.
8. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT (AGS)
•The club was represented at the wedding of Ian Harper and Jenna at The Bull last Tuesday.
•The lunches need to be sorted out as soon as the fixtures are available.
•AGS said that he will work on the event to be held on Friday November 11th.
PC suggested the possibility of having a lunch when Fakenham II play Holt II at home in the coming season. AY suggested the resurrection of the Banham Cup.  HK said that the home game is scheduled for October 22nd which is the same day as the Craig Prior Memorial Fund event at Godwick Hall.  HK will look into the possibility of reversing the fixtures so that our home game is on February 11th or rescheduling the home game to when we have a free Saturday, such as September 24th. The players are holding a meeting on July 5th at which they can discuss this suggestion. 
9 . PLAYING OF RUGBY
9a DIRECTOR OF RUGBY (AY)
MENS
Pre-season training begins 5th July at the club
AY will need to buy match balls soon.
Flood lights need to be operational by August and we need to buy two used lamp posts. I have found some from Lancashire for £ 95.00 each we would need to get them delivered unless someone knows where they can be sourced more locally. 
JUNIORS
There will be an RFU CRC one-day Rugby camp at Fakenham for Y7 & Y8. Wednesday 3rd August.  This will be run by Lee Parry.
There will be an FRFC Mini one-day Rugby camp at Fakenham for Y2-Y6. Wednesday 3rd August. This will be run by club coaches with a level 2 coach on site.
AY will need to produce a flyer for these camps which will have to be produced quickly before the schools break up for the summer holidays.
KB is a trained First Aider and can help out. 
Playing involvement.
Sunday 17th July is the Family BBQ and Touch Rugby day, the day will start with Mini training starting at 11:00 / 11:30 and running through till the lunch time BBQ.   After lunch touch rugby competition.
LADIES
Nothing to report
9b JUNIOR RUGBY (KB)
KB reported that Sheryl will hold a Tombola in the front foyer at Tesco.  The date is yet to be confirmed.
9c FIXTURES (HK)
•HK will attend a Norfolk fixtures meeting in two weeks time.
•There are very few gaps in the fixtures list.
•The 2nd XV has 4 more league fixtures than the 1st XV.
•There will be no pre season match at home on Saturday 20th August because of LM’s do.
10. BAR (JF)
Monthly Income
TAKINGS (JUNE) BANKED (JUNE)
£1,868.75 £1,097.35 £1,457.35 (actually banked on 1st July)
•The banked figure includes £360 for an advertising board
•ULLAGE - 16 pints were used to clean the pipes.
•In July we have 2 Christenings and 2 parties.
11. CLUB AND GROUNDS (TC/JL)
•JL stated that we will need a working party weekend, probably several, to sort out the storage area at the end of the clubhouse.
•TC will liaise with LM with regard to the memorial board.  MU suggested that we could put up a temporary list of names asking for comments.  CG preferred a random list of names with no dates.  HK thought that we should have dates but JF said that this would be difficult to ascertain.  
12. TREASURER (CE)
CURRENT FINANCIAL POSITION
The CURRENT BALANCE is CR£3,367.24 (The JUNE figure was a CREDIT of £3,448.09) when all bills have been paid, cheques have cleared, allocated money is accounted for and the remaining short term loan of £3,000 is re-paid. 
 ALLOCATED MONEY
Youth Section£    79.05  
Roof repair fund£ 1,000.00
100 club money for CCTV£350.00
TOTAL ALLOCATED MONEY£1,429.05
MU, the Treasurer elect, has purchased a laptop for use with finances.  The 100 club has paid for this.
13. MEMBERSHIP
MWy reported that the GMS membership list for the club has been ‘cleaned up’. Two hundred entries have been deleted.  MWy will add any members if necessary.
14. PRESS & COMMUNICATION (MWy)
Nothing to report.
AOB
There being no further business the meeting finished at 8.28pm.