Minutes of the Committee Meeting 11th March 2013

Notes of the Committee Meeting held on Monday 11th March 2013

Apologies Mandy Warren, Robyn Jones, Craig Prior.

Present Alan Young, Irene Muston, Lee Muston, Peter Colley, Chris Evans, Colin Baron, Andy Prior, Kevin Singleton, Rory Singleton, John Lingwood, Adam Lingwood.

Matters arising LM has looked at the DEFRA website for possible funding without success. JL will have another look. LM has also looked at Rugby Force who support clubs that are doing things for themselves.
LM gave files and diaries to RS and AL and added that Gregory Underwood, Chair of the EC Volunteer subcommittee, has heaped praise on both our club and our young volunteers. AL has recently been on a referees' course and he gave a short account of his experience. LM added that our young volunteers are setting a fantastic example and their work is much appreciated.

Items not on the agenda Incorporation
There will be an EGM on Tuesday March 19th at 7.00pm for members to approve the transfer of assets from Fakenham RUFC to Fakenham RUFC Ltd. LM will act as proxy for CB and PC. IM warned that the breweries might treat us a new client and consequently change our current agreement.
LM reported that the main bid will be typed up on Wednesday.
Agenda outcomes (March)

GENERAL
1 Key Dates Stephen Dexter, our accountant, will have the books, in order to compile the annual accounts, on 10th May and will return them on 19th May. The AGM will be on Tuesday 28th May, the next committee meeting will be on Tuesday 2nd April at 6.30pm and the President's dinner will be on Friday 30th August.

2 Nigel Allen LM will speak to Nigel about making him an honorary VP in recognition of his donations of equipment to the club. AY added that the tractor that Nigel has offered to the club, will be kept at the Rugby club but the Football club will be able to use it.

3 Website Mike Wyatt demonstrated his design for a new club website which promises to be more user friendly and more pleasing on the eye than the current one. Mike also recommended that we consider wifi when the telephone line is reinstated.

CLUB & GROUNDS
4 Pitch maintenance LM reported that Mark Allen and Matty King are pricing up a list of items, required for pitch maintenance, that can be included in the RFU small grant application. Posts for the Trap lane pitch can also be included in this bid.

5 Clubhouse Maintenance TC absent. AP met the Carlsberg rep today regarding the repositioning of the cooler in the new cellar. No insurance claim has been made for the damage done during the recent break in.

FINANCE
6 100 CLUB MARCH £15 (47) S H Tarry £10 (64) Lianne Barrett
£5 (30) D A Palmer

7 Treasurer's Report CE reported a net balance of CR £8,709.78 (February CR £6,344.75) when all bills have been paid and cheques have cleared.

Outcomes of the FINANCE SUBCOMMITTEE (Tuesday 5th March)

After a review of bar prices, following Carlsberg Tetley's increases on 21st January, we are recommending a rise of 20p on a pint of Guinness (£3.00 to £3.20). This will increase the profit margin from 45% to 48.4% which is near to the acceptable 50% margin. No other increases were felt necessary at the moment.

A midterm review of the budget resulted in the following changes.
i Electricity up from £2,625 to £3,000
ii Heating oil up from £2,000 to £2,200
iii Council Tax up from £2,750 to £3,000 (if no discretionary rate allowance)
iv Ground maintenance up from £1,500 to £2,000
v If we register as a nonprofit making body there will not be any additional bank charges as a limited company
vi Total increase in budget is £1,325

The subcommittee agreed that the club should make some effort to recoup the money spent on replacing the fluorescent lights damaged by the U15s.

The management committee agreed to the increase in the price of a pint of Guinness but felt that we should not attempt to recoup any money spent on repairing the damage to the lights. PC will speak to the U15s on Friday but will adopt a softly softly approach.

8 Fundraising LM reported that we received good coverage in the local press for the sponsors of our last lunch AOT. We have received the Scrivens sponsored shirts. The RFU will support the development of Social Spaces on a 50/50 basis.

PLAYING OF RUGBY
9 Director of Rugby An application has been made for our 1st XV to enter EC2 next season and CE has been told that it will be rubber stamped. AY reported that our 2nd XV have had four games in a row cancelled by the opposition. On all four occasions we had a full side. Currently we have a 50% winning record in NMT3.

AY highlighted some of the courses, in the Active Norfolk Coach Education Week, which might be of interest to Fakenham RUFC.
April 9 RFU Scrum Factor. The cost is £10.50 and we can fund 2 – 3 people on this course.
April 9 Understanding your club's Finances 6.30pm – 8.30pm
There are also courses on Safeguarding (£25) and Marketing Strategy.

There are 4 places left on a UKCC level 1 course (UK Coaching Children) at Wymondham College on 11th May, 15th May and 18th May at a cost of £25.

There are 11 places left on a QBE course for coaching at levels between U15s and adults. The dates are 7th July, 4th August and 15th September and the course is free of charge.

BAR
10 Bar Report AP reported the following figures.

FEBRUARY Takings £3,097.17 Banked £3,080.00
MARCH so far Takings £1,035.60 Banked £1,100.00

Takings at the March 2nd lunch were £1,004.00 of which £123.30 was the AOT bar Tab.

AOB
AY suggested that we should recommend some club members for the RFU President's XV Awards, perhaps the groundsmen.